Thursday, January 19, 2012

Exciting News...



I have been dying to share this exciting news with you... and now that it's public I have to tell! I am creating a look for the launch of Christian Louboutin's 20th anniversary capsule collection. All my free time in the past few weeks has been devoted entirely to the creation of my outfit inspired by one of his brand new shoes, you can see them all in the February issue of InStyle magazine.

Once my design makes it to the event, I will share all the details! Until then, here's a feature on WWD! I couldn't be more excited... or terrified! Wish me luck as I work fervently to complete my outfit. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

*Edit: See my sketch for the contest on British Vogue!!

8 comments:

  1. W O W, congrats my dear!!!! I wish you lots of luck:) drawing is beautiful, as always, and these shoes look just like real! G O R G E O U S!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing! I just checked out your illustrations and I'm not surprised! Well done!

    A fellow illustrator,

    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG AMAZING!!!! Joanna CONGRATS!! Wow this is SO huge!! I can't wait to see it and let me know the details of the event because I will attend for sure if it's open to the public xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your tweet and CONGRATULATIONS! Oh, do take lots of pictures of your outfit once it makes it to the show ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Flara- Thanks so much! I'm so excited and soooo nervous
    @ Paola- Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your comments!
    @ Megan- I so wish the event was open to the public! But my dress will be on display in Bergdorf's from Feb 2-8. We should definitely have a coffee date and go see it =)
    @ Aggie- Thank you so much, I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics! I sense a three part blog post in the near future =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah i'm so excited for you!! Your idea looks amaaazing and I can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out. Miss you!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. British Vogue????????? W O W, W O W, W O W!!!!! Congrats my dear!!! I'm so pround of you Joanna! You absolutely deserve it:))) xxxxxxx
    Flara

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Theresa- Thanks so much! I hope you're doing well... I'll be sure to post some pics =)
    @ Flara- I was beside myself when I saw my sketch on the British Vogue website! Thank you so much, I really appreciate your support!!

    ReplyDelete